Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scripture Reading Day 3: Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi Ch 8-11

Lehi Vision Dream MormonImage by More Good Foundation via Flickr
1Nephi chapter 8 is the chapter with Lehi's dream of the iron rod and the tree of life.

I've always loved this story and the analogy of the path to the tree as our path of righteousness in this life. Even when I'd fallen off the path and was floundering in the ditch, the truthfulness of this spoke to me.  It's hard path to take with the rod and it's an incredibly tough journey to fight your way back to the rod. I've been there and I've done it and in the last 6 months I find that life is easier holding on to the rod than off.

I only hope that I can continue to have the strength to hold on when it's so easy to let go.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment