Sunday, October 31, 2010

Little Intro

Hello, my name is Rachel and I am married with 3 kids. I was raised LDS but stopping going to church when I was a teenager due to some personal issues I had with a handful of people in my ward. My husband has a similar background and we've both remained inactive for all of our adult life until this point. About a year ago we started questioning what we were teaching our children. We had the basics down, how to walk, talk, use the potty, read, etc. Then as they got older we started being concerned about the sort of values and belief system we were instilling in them.

My daughter enjoyed spending many Saturday nights with Grandma and going to church with her on Sunday. One day she came home and asked me why daddy and I didn't go with her. I had no answer. In the spring of this year we decided to move and used that as an excuse to seek a fresh start in a new neighborhood and we headed back to church.

It's now been seven months since we began attending church again and the difference in our life has been dramatic. We are closer as a family and even though life can still be tough, it seems easier to face those trials now.

Now, despite several months of activity under my belt, I still feel as though I'm playing catch up. I look at the wonderful people in my ward and I'm in awe of their strong testimonies and knowledge of the scriptures and gospel and I feel so behind and inadequate.I know the only way to do that is to do the work and arm myself with knowledge and so I'm going to strive towards that, using this blog as a place to express my thoughts and work through my feelings as I walk this path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment